Are you looking for admission into a professional course like engineering or in a medical college of your home state Bihar? A state-level entrance exam may help you get into the course of your choice, and Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) 2022 offers you the same.
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board conducts the competitive examination every year for admissions in various professional courses of medical, Engineering and many more streams in the institutions of the state. The Board regulates the admission of the candidates to the professional degree and Postgraduate courses based on merit and the preference of the candidate.
Earlier, BCECE was held for engineering, medical, pharmacy and architecture admissions, but the Board now offers admission to engineering and architecture courses based on JEE Main scores.
Candidates can get admission in medical, veterinary science and animal husbandry courses based on NEET scores. The entrance exam is conducted offline or commonly called pen and paper tests.
BCECE 2021 was held only for admission to B. Pharma, Agriculture, and para-medical courses, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, etc., offered at institutions in Bihar. The process BCECE 2021 Counselling for Lateral Entry began on December 8, 2021, and is currently underway.
BCECE 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination or BCECE|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline (pen and paper test)|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes for each paper (total of five papers)|
BCECE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The Board has released BCECE Eligibility Criteria. Take a glimpse of the criteria listed below before applying for the exam:
- Only Indian nationals can apply for BCECE.
- Candidates should have a domicile of Bihar.
- Parents of the candidate must be permanent residents of Bihar.
- Candidates whose parents are the employees in Public Sector Undertaking of the Government of India.
- Candidates whose parents are working in the state of Bihar but living outside Bihar are also eligible to apply for BCECE.
BCECE Educational Qualification:
- B.Sc Nursing: Candidates applying for BCECE must have completed 10+2 with Physics and Biology as subjects with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
- Medical courses: Candidates should have completed 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- Pharmacy courses: Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry as compulsory subjects. Additionally, candidates should have qualified 10+2 with either Maths or Biology.
Candidates applying for admission to engineering and architecture courses will be offered seats based on JEE Main scores and for medical, veterinary science and animal husbandry courses on the basis of NEET scores. This is in addition to the above mentioned educational qualification.
BCECE Reservation Criteria:
Following the norms of Govt. of India, few of the total seats are reserved for admission through BCECE. The reservation of seats (in percentage) are elucidated in the table below:
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16.00%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||01.00%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18.00%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12.00%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||03.00%|
|Economically Weaker Section||10.00%|
BCECE 2022 Application Form
Every year, the state’s education department releases the Online BCECE Application Form at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. Candidates have to submit a single application form even if they are applying for multiple courses.
- Candidates have to fill in the details asked as part of online registration for BCECE, after which they will be provided with their unique Registration Number and Password.
- Login with BCECE Registration Number and Password to upload your passport size photograph and signature and pay the registration fee.
- The application form comprises two parts, i.e. Part A and Part B, which need to be filled by the candidate.
- Download the BCECE Application Form (Part A and B) and take out its print.
- Keep extra print copies of the BCECE Application Form for counselling and admission process.
BCECE 2022 Application Fee
|Group||Category||Fees (in Rs)|
|PCM/ PCB||General, Backward Class (BC), and Other Backward Class (OBC)||660|
|For one subject group that is PCM or PCB||Scheduled Tribe (ST), Scheduled Caste (SC)||330|
|For both groups PCMB||General, BC and OBC||730|
|SC and ST||365|
BCECE 2022 Admit Card
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board releases BCECE Admit Card online on the official website. Candidates who have registered for the examination can follow the steps to download their hall tickets or admit cards.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of BCECE, i.e. bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
- Next, they can log in by entering the application number, date of birth and security pin.
- Once the ID gets verified, candidates will be able to view the admit card. It is important to check all particulars in the admit card. In case of any discrepancy, visit the helpline numbers.
- Lastly, candidates can download and keep a copy of the admit card for future references.
BCECE 2022 Exam Pattern
Before preparing for any exam, it is necessary for the candidate to know the exam pattern as it helps in its preparation. The exam has been divided into five subjects which comprise 100 objective questions each. Candidates will get 90 minutes each to attempt questions in each section with a subject of their choice. Candidates can score a maximum of 400 marks in each section.
Here is the subject-wise distribution of marks:
|Subjects/ Sections||Maximum marks||Duration|
BCECE 2022 Syllabus
|Physics||Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Solid State, Liquid State: Properties of liquids, Gaseous State, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Covalent Bonding, Molecular Orbital, Chemical Thermodynamics, First law of thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Equilibrium involving chemical processes, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Mathematical Induction, Sequences and Series, Permutations and Combinations, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability, Applications of Binomial Theorem, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Statistics, and Mathematical Reasoning.|
|Biology||Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animal and Plants, Cell: Structure & Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Genetics & Evolution, Biology & Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology & Environment|
|Agriculture||Introductory Agriculture and Agrometeorology, Soil as a medium of plant growth, Plant breeding and genetics, Agricultural Engineering, Crop protection, Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fish Production, Extension education, Preservation of fruits and vegetables, flowers, medicinal and aromatic plants, Vegetable production, Fruit Production, Basic Horticulture.|
BCECE 2022 Exam Centers
BCECE is conducted in 38 cities across Bihar and Jharkhand. BCECE Exam Centers need to be selected at the time of registration.
Here is a list of exam centres where the BCECE entrance exam was held in offline mode in Bihar state:
|Centre Name||Test Centre Code|
|Jharkhand (outside Bihar||98|
BCECE 2022 Result
BCECE Results are published on the official website – bceceboard.bihar.gov.in in a pdf format. It is published merit wise for different groups on the website. Candidates can search for their BCECE Results with their BCECE roll number.
Here are the steps to check your BCECE Result:
- Go to the official website of BCECE
- Click on BCECE Result
- Download the PDF displaying the merit list
- Search for your roll number in the merit list to find the result.
Merit list is prepared on the Merit-cum-seat availability basis, as per the Board. So the preparation of merit lists is subjective to the seat availability for different courses of Health Science, Pharmacy and Agriculture.
BCECE 2022 Counselling
BCECEB conducts BCECE counselling for Pharmacy and Agriculture courses separately. The Board is also the conducting body of state counselling for Medical and Engineering seats on the basis of NEET and JEE Main scores respectively.
Candidates who have qualified can download counselling letters from the official website of BCECE. They need to produce the letter along with other documents at the counselling centre. If they fail to do so, their candidature would not be considered.
Counselling will be held in multiple phases.
BCECE Counselling- Documents Required
- Final BCECE Seat Allotment Letter
- Class 10th Mark Sheet, Admit Card and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet, Admit Card and Passing Certificate
- BCECE Admit Card
- Copy of 6 photographs used in Online BCECE Application Form
- Counselling letter for BCECE
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate (as specified)
BCECE 2022 Lateral Entry
If you’re planing about taking Lateral Entry in BCECE, you need not worry, as we will explain the process to you. Lateral Entry or LE is organised by the same Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Board for admission to the second year of engineering, paramedical, and pharmacy courses.
Eligible candidates can register for a lateral entry admission to take part in the counselling process. They can register, choose a seat by choice filling for seat allotment and lock their options by visiting the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I write BCECE to get admissions to MBBS courses in the medical colleges of Bihar?
A. No, the Board no longer conducts BCECE for admission to medical courses. Candidates can appear for NEET for admission to MBBS programs offered at medical colleges in India.
At what level is the BCECE conducted?
BCECE is a state level entrance examination. The exam consists of objective type questions based on Class XI and XII Science Syllabus.
What is the selection criteria for admission through the BCECE B. Tech course?
Candidates willing to take admission to engineering colleges of Bihar have to appear for JEE Main as it was discontinued for the course in 2019. After appearing for JEE Main, candidates need to participate in BCECE Counselling.
What is the mode of application for BCECE?
The mode of application for BCECE is online.
How many questions will there be in the BCECE exam and how much time will be provided to respond to these questions?
Candidates will be given 90 minutes to attempt each paper of BCECE which will have 100 questions in each section.
BCECE, the state-level common entrance test, offers students a chance to take admission in a wide range of courses in different fields. And for students who want to stay in their home state and continue their further study, BCECE may provide great exposure to you. It can help you achieve your goal, that too from a government-affiliated institution. You can always think of it as an option.