The American College Testing (ACT) exam is conducted for high school students who want to pursue different undergraduate courses in universities in the USA. This entrance exam is essential to determine what a student has learned in high school. Based on that, you can get admission to top colleges in the US, even if you’re from a different country.
By the end of this article, you will become familiar with many topics related to this exam. Let’s jump straight to the frequently asked questions about ACT!
1. How to Apply for the ACT 2022 Exam?
The ACT registration process happens both in online as well as offline mode. Offline registration can be done through the mail.
Remembering these points is very important for online registration:
· Keep at hand your necessary documents like identical photographs, mark sheets, and your contact.
· It is best to register from your PC or laptop, instead of using mobile phones.
· When you go to the official website of ACT, click on the symbol to start your application process.
· After filling in your personal details, select the preferred test dates.
· Also choose whether you want to take the exam in writing or without writing. Select the preferred colleges to deliver your result.
· Select the test center you want and complete the application process by paying the fee.
2. What is the Duration of the ACT 2022 Exam?
The ACT exam has a duration of 3 hours. Sometimes, the candidate is offered 4 hours in total. Additional time is given to the students who choose to attempt optional questions.
3. ACT Eligibility: Who can take the ACT 2022 Exam?
Students who are in high school (class 11th and 12th) take the ACT exam. However, the minimum age for applying is 13 years. So, students from class 8th to 10th can also take this exam.
The applicant can be of any country and can take the ACT exam only up to 12 times.
4. What is the application fee for the ACT 2022 Exam?
The application fee structure for the ACT exam is as follows:
|1. Taking the exam with writing||INR 12,429 or $166.50 (Extra charges for late registration)|
|2. Taking the exam without writing||INR 11,571 or $155 (Extra charges for late registration)|
5. When will the ACT exam be conducted in 2022?
|Date of the test||Last day for registration||Date of result|
|11th December 2021||5th November 2021||21st December 2021- 4th February 2022|
|12th February 2022||7th January 2022||25th February – 7th April 2022|
|2nd April 2022||25th February 2022||12th April – 23rd June 2022|
|11th June 2022||6th May 2022||21st June – 5th August 2022|
|16th July 2022||17th June 2022||26th July – 9th September 2022|
6. What is the syllabus for the ACT 2022 Exam?
The syllabus consists of five major sections, namely:
· Sentence structure and formation
· Production of writing and punctuation
· Knowledge of language (grammar)
· Topic development
· Language usage and formation of sentences
· Ideas and viewpoint expression
· Critical analysis
· Organization and development
· Algebra and Functions
· Probability and statistics
· Mean, median, and mode
· Number and quantity
· Details and integration of ideas
· Structure and Crafting of sentences
· Data representation
· Conflicting viewpoints
· Data interpretation
· Summaries for research
· Scientific investigation
If you need guidance on preparing for the ACT or any exams, download the Filo app and feel free to contact our tutors, who are available just to help you ace your examinations!
7. When is the result for the ACT 2022 Exam?
The ACT score is calculated on a scale of 1 to 36. The scorecard also gives a proper idea of the majors you can pursue, depending on your score.
The results for the exam are released two weeks after the date of the exam. In some cases, it might take longer than four weeks.
8. Is ACT harder than the SAT 2022 Exam?
Both the ACT and SAT exams are similar. Their difficulty level depends on the education makeup of the candidate.
For example, a student who is good with graphs, charts, and numerical has a higher possibility of scoring more in the ACT. Still, with good preparation, both the exams can be aced eventually!
9. What is the ACT exam pattern for 2022?
The exam paper has a total of 215 questions with no negative marking scheme. The total duration is 3 hours (4 hours if you are opting for writing questions known as ACT Plus Writing). The score is calculated from 1-36 marks for each section of the exam paper. These questions are mostly multiple-choice based questions
10. What are some great tips for preparing for the ACT 2022?
· Attempt the easy questions before going to the difficult ones.
· Take diagnostic tests online and give the full time to each section.
· Practice one sample test paper every day.
· Practice the hard questions one or two weeks before the exam. ‘
· For Math, you can carry a simple calculator.
· When writing an essay or long answers, don’t forget to write the proper introduction and conclusion.
· While practicing online test papers, also buy some preparation books for a thorough knowledge of the syllabus.
We hope this article helped you gain insight into preparation tips for the ACT as well as the registration fee, eligibility, syllabus, and most importantly, the main exam dates. We wish you the best in your exams!
The best way to prepare for this exam is to get yourself a knowledgeable tutor. Download the Filo app today to get expert lessons on exam tips and preparation!