Reaching the Age of Adolescence
Which of the following constitutes the right meal for adolescents?
- Chips, noodles and coke
- Chapatti, rice, dal and vegetables
- Rice, noodles and burger
- Vegetable cutlets, chips and lemon drink
Correct Answer: Option(b)
- A balanced diet means that the meals include proteins, carbohydrates, fats and vitamins in requisite proportions. Right meal of roti/rice, dal (pulses) and vegetables is a balanced meal which constitutes all those needed for nourishment required in adolescents.
- Chips and packed or tinned snacks, though very tasty should never replace regular meals as they do not have adequate nutritional value.
- Thus, Option "B" is correct.