Reaching the Age of Adolescence
What is the importance of personal hygiene during the age of adolescence?
- Personal level hygiene mainly involves cleanliness, adequate rest and sleep, physical exercise etc.
- Adolescence is the onset of puberty. During this period, many changes occur like the sweat glands are more active. This could cause more sweating. In addition to this, the hair growth in public regions and armpit make it even worse.
- Hence, one must maintain cleanliness by proper hand washing, regular bathing, washing, and ironing of clothes.
- Girls have to keep themselves clean particularly during menstruation.
- Regular walk, outdoor games, and workouts are important for adolescents. These help them remain physically fit and healthy.