Every year, students from throughout the country compete to be accepted into some of the University of Delhi’s renowned colleges. Students should seek programs that fit their interests while selecting a college, in addition to NIRF rankings.
Many students quit a desirable course if they do not secure a place in the college of their choice. In such a case, we recommend that you continue on the correct track since this is the most significant factor that will determine your career and future.
Top Delhi University Colleges listed below, taking into account their fees, courses, and rankings.
1. Miranda House
Most female students prioritize Miranda House. It is one of the country’s most prestigious educational institutions, with a reputation for academic achievement that spans seven decades. The strongest indicator of its effectiveness is the pioneering accomplishments of students.
Previously in the span of 5 years One for five consecutive years, NIRF gave Miranda House the All India Rank. It is the top-ranked college at the University of Delhi, offering a full range of Undergraduate Colleges in Liberal Arts and Basic Sciences, and is recognized by NAAC with Grade A+.
The institution provides a diverse selection of Honours and Program Courses. These are the ones:
Bachelor’s degree program
- Bachelor’s degree with honours in Bengali, Economics, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit, and Sociology.
- Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Zoology are all part of the B.Sc. Honours programme.
- Botany, Zoology, and Chemistry are the three disciplines of study in the B.Sc. Life Sciences.
- Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science are the three disciplines of study in the B.Sc. Physical Sciences.
Note: Up to 5% of students are admitted to the College based on their athletic/sports and extracurricular activities achievements. Candidates must register online to be considered for these categories of admission. The University of Delhi organizes all of the trials and auditions. On the applicable cut-off for ECA, the college grants a 5% academic discount.
2. St.Stephens college
St. Stephen’s College is a Delhi University-affiliated institution. It was created in 1881 by the Cambridge Mission to Delhi. The institution admits both undergraduates and postgraduates and grants degrees in liberal arts and sciences under the aegis of the University of Delhi.
It also accepts a modest number of international students. To deserving students, the college provides a variety of scholarships and rewards. These are given to people throughout time.
Bachelor’s degree Programs:
- B.A. programs in the field of Economics, English, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit
- B.Sc.Hons programs in the specialization of Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics
- B.Sc. Program in general
- B.A. Program in general
Post-graduate programs like:
- M.A in the field of English, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit
- M.A./M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.A./M.Sc. Operations Research
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Physics
3. Hindu College
Hindu College, in New Delhi, India, is an affiliated college of the University of Delhi. It is one of India’s oldest institutes for arts and sciences, having been founded in 1899. It provides undergraduate and post-graduate programs in the sciences, humanities, social sciences, and business. The NIRF has placed 3rd rank nationwide in 2020.
The Ministry of Science and Technology has designated its Department of Biotechnology as a ‘Star College’ Law, Economics, Science, Psychology, Business, Philosophy, Literature, Media, Cinema, Military, Sports, and Politics have all produced prominent graduates.
Bachelor’s degree program:
- B.Com Hons
- B.Sc in the specialization of Chemistry Hons and Physics Hons
- B.Sc Physical Science with Chemistry and also in Mathematics Hons
- BA general, English Hons, History Hons, Philosophy Hons, Political Science Hons, and the Sociology Hons
- B.Sc Botany Hons, Physics, Statistics Hons, Zoology Hons
- BA: Hindi Hons, Economics Hons, Sanskrit Hons, Music Hons, English and Economics, Hindi and Philosophy, History and Political Science, Sanskrit and Political Science
Post-Graduate Programs in the field of:
- M.Sc Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology
4. Hansraj College
Hansraj, a top school with highly trained academicians giving instruction in many subjects, is one of the major constituent colleges of the University of Delhi. The College nowadays boasts a reputation for great performance in academics, athletics, and extra-curricular activities.
In Science, Commerce, and the Arts, it is ranked among the top 10 colleges in the country. While instilling ancient Indian values in each of its students, the College assures total development of the body, mind, and soul. The D.A.V. College Managing Committee established the college on July 26, 1948, in honor of Mahatma Hansraj, a pioneer in the area of education.
- B.Sc. Hons. in the field of Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology, Life Science
- B.Sc. Physical Science (Chemistry)
- B.Sc. Physical Science (Computer)
Arts & Commerce
- B.A. (H) Economics
- B.A. Hons.: English, Hindi, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit
- B.A. Programs like: (Sanskrit + Philosophy), (Economics + Commerce), (History + Economics), (Philosophy + Physical Education), (Physical Education + Hindi)
- B.Com. (H)
5. Sri Venksteshwara College
Sri Venkateswara College is a co-ed college in New Delhi, India, that was founded in 1961 as a constituent college of the University of Delhi. The college provides both undergraduate and postgraduate education.
The institution offers vocational courses and short-term add-on courses that enrich students’ academic profiles. Admissions are made solely based on merit and by Delhi University guidelines.
Arts & Commerce
- English, Hindi, History, Physical Education, Political Science, Sanskrit
- Tamil, Telugu
- Biological Science
- Chemistry, Electronics, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics
- Physics, Statistics, Zoology
6. Kirori Mal College:
Kirori Mal College is a prestigious academic institution that was founded in 1954 and has always fought to preserve its position as one of the best within the University of Delhi.
Kirori Mal believes in offering a knowledge-rich atmosphere that is also supportive of our students’ extracurricular activities. The institution promotes a search for knowledge based on an ethical perspective of the world we live in, and this love for learning, as well as a desire to mature into socially responsible people, can be seen not just in the classroom but also in extra-curricular activities.
Under Graduate Courses
- B.A. (Programme), Programme with Bengali
- B.Com., B.Com. (Hons.)
- B.A. Hons. programs like: Economics, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Political Science, Sanskrit, Urdu
- B.Sc. Physical Sciences, Physical Sciences with Computer Science Option, Life Science
- B.Sc. Applied Physical Sciences (Analytical Chemistry)
- B.Sc. Hons. programs like: Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Zoology
Post Graduate Courses
Economics, Political Science, English, Hindi, Mathematics & Operations Research, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Sanskrit, and Urdu are among the postgraduate courses offered by the college.
Also, Read for Top-Notch Colleges to Look Out For In Delhi NCR!
7. Acharya Narendra Dev College
Acharya Narendra Dev College is 30 years old, and throughout that time, it has assisted students in realizing their immense potential and empowering them to confront the challenges of the future. The NAAC scores and NIRF-2020 rating of 18th demonstrate this.
For students and staff, the College features some of the top infrastructure and research facilities in the University of Delhi. The focus of our approach is on the students.
- B.Sc. Hons. Biomedical Sciences
- B.Sc. Honours in Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics
- B. Sc. Hons. in Mathematics, Physics, Zoology
- B.Com Hons
- B.Sc. Life Sciences
- B.Sc. with Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics
Post-Graduate Courses in:
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Maths,
8. Ramjas College:
Ramjas Institution is a University of Delhi college located on the university’s North Campus in New Delhi, India. Under the auspices of the University of Delhi, the institution admits both undergraduates and postgraduates and confers degrees.
Along with Hindu College and St. Stephen’s College, it is one of the University of Delhi’s founding colleges. It is a co-educational institution that accepts students and hires professors from all sorts of backgrounds, regardless of gender, caste, religion, or physical limitations.
- B.Sc. Hons. programs in Mathematics, Statistics
- B.Sc Hons. in Botany, Zoology
- B.Sc. Hons. in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences
- B.A. Programme
- BA Hons. in English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Economics, History, Political Science, Music
- B.Com (Hons.), and the B. Com general Programme
9. Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
The Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee, a statutory organization created under an act of the Indian Parliament, maintains Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, a constituent college of the University of Delhi, which was founded in 1951.
There are currently 44 undergraduate programs, 2 B.Tech. programs, 12 postgraduate programs, one postgraduate diploma, 2 undergraduate diplomas, and 9 certificate courses, totaling 18 undergraduate programs, 2 B.Tech. programs, 12 postgraduate programs, one postgraduate diploma, 2 undergraduate diplomas, and 9 certificate courses.
- BA (Hons) in: English,Hindi, Punjabi, History, Political Science, Economics, Business Economics and the BA general Programme
- BCom (Hons)
- BCom Programme
- BSc (Hons) in Botany, Zoology
- BSc (Hons) in the fields of: Physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- BSc Programme: Life Sciences, Physical Sciences
Looking For a Cut-Off check this article DU Admissions Latest Updates: Cut-Offs Released for the Year 2021!
10. Atma Ram Sanatam Dharma College:
Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College is a prestigious Delhi University educational institution dedicated to fostering academic success. It focuses on improving human resource quality and encouraging innovative ideas that help students.
The College has concentrated on character development and idealism influenced by Sanatani beliefs since its beginnings. The foundational ideas of the College are inclusivity and equity. Promotion of women’s education and a barrier-free environment
- B.A (Hons) in the fields of: Economics, History, Hindi, Political Science Read More
- B.A (Programme), English
- B.Com (Hons.)
- B.Com. (Course)
- B.Sc. (Applied Phy. Sc.) in Industrial Chemistry, Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in: Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Physical Science
Delhi University is without a doubt the country’s most prestigious educational institution.
The fact that Delhi University institutions have made it to the list of the top 10 colleges in India under a national rating testifies about the quality and level of education they are providing.
We hope that this article helps you to Choose the Most desirable College. So, If you have a doubt with regards to anything, then you can download the Filo App! and get the solution in an instant! Till then, Happy prepping 🙂