Every year National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the syllabus of JEE Main exam through it’s official notification at jeemain.nta.nic.in. JEE Main 2022 syllabus comprises subject-wise topics which are asked in NTA JEE Main exam. Following the prospective IIT JEE Main exam syllabus 2022, candidates can prepare their day to day schedule and JEE Main 2022 preparation strategy.
JEE Main 2022 detailed syllabus will be released for Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) as well as Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan) along with the JEE Main 2022 syllabus, candidates can also check out the official JEE exam pattern and the previous year’s questions of JEE mains. Going properly through the syllabus should be the first step in approaching the JEE Main exam. In this article we’ve provided a list of important topics for the exam, subject-wise along with preparation tips. Read on to get one step closer to getting into your dream college!
JEE Main Syllabus 2022 – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
Candidates can check the syllabus of JEE Main 2022 for Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch/B, Plan) below. Candidates can CLICK HERE to download THE detailed official JEE Mains 2021 syllabus PDF for reference.
Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Sets, Relations, and Functions, Complex Numbers And Quadratic Equations, Matrices And Determinants, Permutations And Combinations, Trigonometry, Probability, Mathematical induction, Mathematical reasoning, limit continuity and differentiability, Differential equations, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Sequence and Series, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Co-ordinate geometry.
Electromagnetic waves, optics, thermodynamics, electronic devices, physics and measurement, kinematics, laws of motion, work, energy and power, rotational motion, gravity, electrostatics, magnetic effects of current and Magnetism, communication systems, properties of solids and liquids, Oscillation and waves, Kinetic theory of gases, current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Atoms and nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation.
Chemistry syllabus is primarily divided into two sections – Physical and Organic. Syllabus of both sections is provided below.
Physical Chemistry – States of matter, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox reactions and electrochemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, Some basic concept of chemistry
Organic chemistry – Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Chemistry in everyday life, principles of chemistry(Practical), Polymers, Organic compounds containing halogens,Organic compounds containing Oxygen, Organic compounds containing nitrogen.
IIT-JEE Main Syllabus 2022, Paper 2 – Aptitude Test (B.Arch/B.Planning)
Below are the topics of the JEE Main 2022 syllabus for paper 2 for the candidates who are appearing for B.Arch/ B.planning courses.
Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials. Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build—environment. Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings. Visualising. different sides of three-dimensional objects. Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part 2 (Drawing)
Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects. Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces, ect.), landscape (river fronts, jungles, trees, plants, etc.) and rural life.
Part 3 (Planning)
General Awareness regarding development issues, government programs/schemes etc., Comprehension, critical thinking and analytical skills, graphs, charts and map reading skills, simple statistics, CBSE class X Social Sciences topics.
IIT JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips & Strategy
- Candidates should make small targets to achieve big results. The JEE syllabus looks huge at the start. You need to divide it into modules and sections. Take up one topic at a time and do justice to it.
- Prepare and follow a daily study schedule which may cover all three subjects. Candidates should not neglect any subject and allot time for subjects based on one’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Candidates should read the theory part first and then practice problems. If you are unable to solve a problem, go through the concepts again and again till you get it.
- Do not leave any topic. Questions in JEE can be random and come from any topic in the syllabus.
- Studying easier chapters and solving their problems will help students to gather confidence for learning the difficult chapters.
- Our brain has limited capacity so while studying long hours, So candidates must take small 10-15 minutes breaks to rejuvenate and freshen up.
- Include problem-solving in your daily study schedule and increase your difficulty at regular intervals.
- It is essential to write notes along with studies. Candidates can add important points, shortcuts, formulas, reactions, mistakes, etc. Notes will help students in effective revision.
- Keep on revising! JEE Main preparation requires a lot of hard work. After understanding a new topic and solving problems, a student might forget old concepts. For efficient preparation, consistency in revision is essential.
- Candidates need to assess their learning and performance. They need to give tests on a regular basis to check their knowledge, speed, accuracy and time management skills.
- If you are not able to solve questions of a specific topic or a subject. Put all your efforts into understanding the theory and again.
- Along with the syllabus, candidates must go through Previous year questions(PYQ) of IIT JEE Main exam to get an idea of what’s been asked frequently. Doing this will aid the candidates in identifying the important topics which are frequently asked.
- Candidates have to conduct subject-wise trend analysis and formulate a study plan before starting the preparation so as to give your preparation a direction.
- Lastly, have a positive approach and be confident about your capabilities because it is scientifically proven than a negative attitude reduces efficiency greatly.
If you are a serious candidate and you efficiently go through the IIT JEE main exam detailed Syllabus and PYQ and accordingly develop a proper strategy, half of the work already gets done. The above provided syllabus and preparation tips can help you in scheduling your preparations, but performing well in JEE Main largely depends upon your own hard work, guidance and consistency.
Here at Filo we have more than 10,000 professional tutors at your fingertips to provide you with world-class guidance. And to ensure that you’re consistent throughout your preparation Journey. CLICK HERE to download the Filo App and get one step closer to getting into your dream college.