Check out how to do IELTS Registration and about the admit card guidelines. IELTS is a globally recognized English language competency exam administered by IDP Education in India. IELTS is a test that is taken by applicants who desire to study or work in a country where English is not their first language.
The IELTS results will be used to meet English language competency criteria for a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, as well as visa application requirements.
The IELTS Academic test, which is more ideal for applicants seeking admission to a foreign institution or university, and the IELTS General test, which is more suitable for candidates seeking abroad employment, are the two types of IELTS tests.
IELTS Exam Fee Structure:
The cost of an IELTS exam in India varies depending on the test type. For further information about IELTS test costs, please see the table below:
Cost of each test type (INR)
- IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration: 15,100
- Computer-delivered IELTS: 14,700 exam.
- Life Skills in IELTS: 13,940
- IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration: 15,100
- Based on pen and paper IELTS: 14,700 exam.
Important Note: This fee is subject to change as per your scheduled date and the center of the exam
IELTS 2021-22 Exam Dates :
- IELTS test dates are available up to four times each month, for a total of 48 scheduled test dates per year.
- The Academic and General Training modules of the IELTS may have different dates available in India.
- The Academic version is accessible on all 48 dates, whereas the General Training version is only available on 24 of those occasions.
- Tests are usually held on Saturdays and Thursdays in order to provide ease and comfort.
Please note that the listening, reading, and writing examinations will all be held on the same day, however, the speaking tests will be held up to 7 days before and/or after the test date. It’s conceivable that your local IELTS test center won’t have the same test date as another IELTS test city.
Refer to this for detailed IELTS dates: Area-wise IELTS Exam Dates 2021-22 for Indian Students
IELTS Registration Guide: Check Step by Step!
IDP IELTS India offers the paper-based IELTS exam four times a month or 48 times a year, as well as the computer-based IELTS test several days a week with the option of choosing your own time windows.
Before you sign up for the IELTS, consider whether you want to take the test on paper or on a computer.
You have the option of scheduling your IELTS exam online or in person at your local IDP branch. To do so, follow these steps for IELTS :
1. Visit the IELTS India website.
2. ‘Register for Test’ should be selected.
3. Choose an IELTS exam type/module: Academic or General Training, IELTS for UKVI, A1, and B1 for Life Skills (be extremely careful while choosing the module you wish to take).
4. Choose between a computer-based IELTS exam and a paper-based IELTS exam (IELTS, IELTS for UKVI, or Life Skills).
5. Choose the city or place where you want to take the test and the preferred day and time frame from the list of available dates.
6. Complete your online application by entering the essential information.
NOTE: Remember that to complete the procedure, you’ll need to provide a clean, scanned color copy of your passport.
7. Proceed to the payment of the examination fee.
8. You will receive an acknowledgment on your registered email/phone number once your test date has been scheduled.
Important Note: This only applies to IELTS test takers who take the paper-based version of the exam.)
Also Read for: The IELTS Examination: An Ultimate Guide!
Payment Methods For IELTS Booking:
The following methods are available for paying the IELTS test fee:
- Netbanking and credit/debit (Visa or Mastercard)
- Demand Draft – Please make a demand draught in the name of “IDP EDUCATION INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED, Payable at New Delhi” from one of the recognised banks.
- Candidates can also deposit cash at ICICI/Allahabad bank branches using a customised deposit slip that can be downloaded from the IELTS IDP India website or received from their local IELTS IDP branch office/referral partner. The original customer copy of the deposit slip must be included to the IELTS application form.
IELTS Admission Card :
- You will not be given an admission card to take the IELTS exam; instead, you will be notified through e-mail to your registered address.
- Typically, you will receive notification one week prior to the test date, with the following information: Date and location of the LRW test, the Speaking test, and any other instructions that may be required.
- The test taker’s registered email Id received the venue and registration information: It will include information such as the candidate’s name, photo, test center name, and the test center’s authorized seal. Candidates must present this documentation when taking the exam.
IELTS Important Tips for Exam Day:
The most crucial item to bring on the day of your IELTS exam is identification, which may be either a passport or a national ID, depending on which one you used to register for the test. For your IELTS Speaking test, you will require the same identification.
This will be checked by the test administrators before you enter the room, and it will be checked again by your IELTS Speaking examiner. On the day of the exam, you won’t need to carry any passport photographs because the IELTS test center will take your picture when you register.
Students enrolling for the IELTS exam should keep a few factors in mind, such as the distance of the test facility from their home, available dates, and so on. There are about 48 IELTS test dates available.
If you need help with IELTS preparation or any other topics, then download the FILO! App where you get the tailored answers to your questions from the top and experienced Tutors in real-time!
A candidate can take the exam 4 times every month on average and scheduling your exam early will help you save time and energy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What are the IDP IELTS Test Centres India’s scheduled test dates?
IDP IELTS Test Centres India offers examinations on 48 set dates throughout the year – up to 4 times a month depending on demand.
Q. Is it possible to pay the exam fee by cheque or cash?
No. It is not possible to pay the test cost by cheque or cash. You should never pay your IELTS exam cost in cash to anyone. You will do so at your own risk and expense if you do so.
Q. What happens if I can’t make appearances on the test?
If a registered candidate fails to show up for their IELTS exam, they are considered absentees and will not be refunded.
Q. Is it possible to take IELTS without a passport?
No, according to British Council and IDP criteria, candidates must register for the exam with valid ID picture evidence. Test takers must also bring a valid passport or national identification card, whatever they used to register for the exam.
Q. Is IELTS valid for 3 years now?
No, the validity of the IELTS test has not been extended to three years. As soon as you receive your IELTS results, your IELTS score is valid for two years. The validity period begins when you take your exam.