How to prepare for NEET
NEET is one of the most arduous exams in the country. Students must be determined while preparing for this medical entrance exam. Here are 5 ways that will help students tackle the exam and polish their NEET prep -
1. Make a practical study schedule - Students should first look to make a practical study schedule as their first step in their preparation for the exam. The schedule should be made in such a way that it helps the students finish their syllabus in the time set according to the exam. And of course, it goes without saying that the students must stick to the schedule dedicatedly so as to not have a pile of pending topics later. Students should set practical and realistic targets according to their own capacity.
2. Thorough knowledge of the syllabus - Candidates need to be thorough in their knowledge of the syllabus that is covered in the exam. This knowledge of course also serves them while making the schedule. Formulating a preparation strategy also depends on their knowledge of each and every minute detail of the syllabus, and as such division of time between the sections can only be done effectively when they know the syllabus thoroughly.
3. Books - Students must be thorough with their NCERT books. Apart from them, here’s a list of books that are recommended for the NEET exam -
Physics - Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma, Objective Physics by DC Pandey, Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker, DC Pandey Physics for NEET
Chemistry - ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern, Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee, Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
Biology - Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman, Objective Biology by Dinesh, Objective Botany by Ansari
4. Analysis of previous years’ question papers - It is important that students get familiar with the previous years’ question papers to get familiar with the NEET exam pattern. This way they know which areas get covered most in the NEET exam and which areas they need to work on. Apart from getting to know the recurring areas, the students also can try and work the papers out in the stipulated time periods as this will give them the real-time practice of the NEET exam. Take a look at the NTA NEET 2020 exam to gauge the latest pattern. This way they can work on their speed too.
5. Area-wise weightage - There is always a dilemma of focussing on numerous topics rather than wasting time on less important topics. NEET 2021 chapter wise weightage is evaluated on the basis of the analysis of previous year question papers which will help in the preparation of the exam. The chapter-wise weightage of NEET also allows the candidates to identify the importance of a topic and the number of marks it is likely to fetch.