Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) has announced an update in the board examinations to be conducted this year for class 12. CBSE has released a circular that states the current academic year is divided into two terms. At the end of each term, there would be an exam conducted. In this article, we look at all the important information that one needs to know about the updated curriculum. We will also look at a few official CBSE sample papers with the updated 2022 pattern and you can download the Class XII CBSE Sample Papers.
The new pattern update has caused widespread panic and a lot of misinformation is out there amongst students and teachers alike. So we at Filo have decided to eradicate the myths and state the facts out loud.
Should you panic as a CBSE Student? How can you be on top of this new updated pattern?
Even though there is no need to panic, it is understandable if you are uncertain about the state of CBSE boards exams in the year 2021-22.
If you have questions like:
- What is the pattern update for CBSE 2021-22 exams?
- Is the entire CBSE class 12 board exam objective?
- Is there a subjective portion in the board exams?
- What is the syllabus of the new board exams? Has the syllabus changed from the last year?
- What is included in each term in the board exam?
- How can I study for the new CBSE pattern?
- How will internal marks be evaluated in the new pattern?
- Where can I practise the official sample paper with the updated pattern?
- Are there any updated mock tests with the updated CBSE pattern?
- What is the impact of covid on the class XII board exams this year?
This article is for you and after reading through this, you’d find answers to these questions and more. The first rule of staying ahead in your study process is to embrace new updates and be prepared for the same. As they say, the early bird takes the worm!
Important points for Class XII Students Who are appearing for CBSE Board exams in 2021-2022
- Term 1 will have questions from 50% of the syllabus and Term 2 will have the rest of 50% as its syllabus.
- Internal Assessment (throughout the year-irrespective of Term I and II) would include the 3 periodic tests, student enrichment, portfolio and practical work/ speaking listening activities/ project.
- Term 1 exams will be held around November – December 2021 while Term 2 exams will be held around March-April 2022.
- The first term paper will be of 90 minute duration while the second term paper can be upto 2 hours depending on the situation.
Term-Wise Updates for class 12
- At the end of the first term, the Board will organize Term I Examination in a flexible schedule to be conducted between November-December 2021 with a window period of 4-8 weeks for schools situated in different parts of the country and abroad. Dates for conduct of examinations will be notified subsequently.
- The Question Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) including case-based MCQs and MCQs on assertion-reasoning type. Duration of the test will be 90 minutes and it will cover only the rationalized syllabus of Term I only (i.e. approx. 50% of the entire syllabus).
- Question Papers will be sent by the CBSE to schools along with the marking scheme.
- The exams will be conducted under the supervision of the External Center Superintendents and Observers appointed by CBSE.
- The responses of students will be captured on OMR sheets which, after scanning may be directly uploaded at CBSE portal or alternatively may be evaluated and marks obtained will be uploaded by the school on the very same day. The final direction in this regard will be conveyed to schools by the Examination Unit of the Board.
- Marks of the Term I Examination will contribute to the final overall score of students
- At the end of the second term, the Board would organize Term II or Year end Examination based on the rationalized syllabus of Term II only (i.e. approximately 50% of the entire syllabus).
- This examination would be held around March-April 2022 at the examination centres fixed by the Board.
- The paper will be of 2 hours duration and have questions of different formats (case-based/ situation based, open ended- short answer/ long answer type).
- In case the situation is not conducive for normal descriptive examination a 90 minute MCQ based exam will be conducted at the end of the Term II also.
- Marks of the Term II Examination would contribute to the final overall score.
Class 12 October 2021 Pattern Updated Mock Test Now LIVE at Filo Exclusively!
To concretely test yourself, we at Filo have created a mock test for you to get familiar with the updated pattern. Practising with the mock test is actually better than attempting the sample papers because these also adhere to the time constraints set by exams. This gives a feeling of actually giving the exam and not just any paper. All you need to do is Download the Filo App now and attempt the mock test right away!
If you’re looking to get yourself updated with the Latest Mock Tests on the Updated CBSE Class 12 Boards pattern, please follow the instructions in the video below:
Term-wise Syllabus for All Subjects in CBSE Class XII:
Here we will look at the latest updated term-wise syllabus for CBSE Class 12 for the year 2021-22. These are the syllabus updates for both Class 11 and Class 12, so go through each subject pdf carefully and identify the portion of the class 12 syllabus.
- TERM WISE – Accountancy
- TERM WISE – Biology
- TERM WISE –
- TERM WISE – Business Studies
- TERM WISE – Carnatic Melodic
- TERM WISE – Carnatic Vocal
- TERM WISE – Carnatic Percussion
- TERM WISE – Chemistry
- TERM WISE – Computer Science
- TERM WISE – Economics
- TERM WISE – Engineering Graphics
- TERM WISE – Entrepreneurship
- TERM WISE – Fine Arts
- TERM WISE – Dance
- TERM WISE – Geography
- TERM WISE – Hindustani Melodic
- TERM WISE – Hindustani Percussion
- TERM WISE – Hindustani Vocal
- TERM WISE – History
- TERM WISE – Home Science | Reference Material
- TERM WISE – Infomatics Practices
- TERM WISE – Knowledge Tradition – Practices India
- TERM WISE – Legal Studies
- TERM WISE – Mathematics
- TERM WISE – Applied Mathematics
- TERM WISE – National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- TERM WISE – Physical Education
- TERM WISE – Physics
- TERM WISE – Political Science
- TERM WISE – Psychology
- TERM WISE – Sociology
- TERM WISE – Arabic
- TERM WISE – Assamese
- TERM WISE – Bengali
- TERM WISE – Bhutia
- TERM WISE – Bodo
- TERM WISE – French
- TERM WISE – German
- TERM WISE – Gujarati
- TERM WISE – Hindi Core
- TERM WISE – Hindi Elective
- TERM WISE – English Core | Guidelines
- TERM WISE – English Elective
- TERM WISE – Japanese
- TERM WISE – Kannada
- TERM WISE – Kashmiri
- TERM WISE – Lepcha
- TERM WISE – Limboo
- TERM WISE – Malayalam
- TERM WISE – Manipuri
- TERM WISE – Marathi
- TERM WISE – Mizo
- TERM WISE – Nepali
- TERM WISE – Odia
- TERM WISE – Persian
- TERM WISE – Punjabi
- TERM WISE – Russian
- TERM WISE – Sanskrit Core
- TERM WISE – Sanskrit Elective
- TERM WISE – Sindhi
- TERM WISE – Spanish
- TERM WISE – Tamil
- TERM WISE – Tangkhul
- TERM WISE – Telugu AP
- TERM WISE – Telugu Telangana
- TERM WISE – Tibetan
- TERM WISE – Urdu Core
- TERM WISE – Urdu Elective
Internal Assessment Guidelines
CBSE has also introduced guidelines to conduct internal assessments for class 12 students. Internal Assessment will be carried out as per the existing scheme across the year except that their assessment will be done twice and both will contribute equally in overall assessment as provided:
For all guidelines related to internal assessments, visit this link: http://cbseacademic.nic.in/web_material/CurriculumMain22/termwise/Internal_Assessment_Practicals_Projects.pdf
Sample Papers for Class X Based on the Updated 2021-22 Pattern(All Subjects):
Here you can find the direct download links to the Official Class 12 CBSE Sample papers with the 2021-22 updated pattern along with the marking scheme.
|Subject||Sample Question Paper||Marking Scheme|
|Hindustani Music (Melodic)||SQP||MS|
|Hindustani Music (Percussion)||SQP||MS|
|Hindustani Music (Vocal)||SQP||MS|
SQPs of the remaining subjects coming soon.
- When is the CBSE Class 12 board Exam?
The board exams for class XII will be held twice a year as per the new curriculum update from CBSE. Once in November-December 2021 and once in March-April 2022.
- What is the new pattern for the CBSE class 12 board exam?
CBSE has decided to bifurcate the year into two terms. Each term will have a board exam with a 50-50% syllabus bifurcation. For a detailed syllabus, visit this link. For detailed term-by-term differences, visit this link!
- How can covid impact class 12 board exams 2021-22?
Assessment / Examination as per different situations
A. In case the situation of the pandemic improves and students are able to come to schools or centres for taking the exams. Board would conduct Term I and Term II examinations at schools/centres and the theory marks will be distributed equally between the two exams.
B. In case the situation of the pandemic forces complete closure of schools during November-December 2021, but Term II exams are held at schools or centres. The term I MCQ based examination would be done by students online/offline from home – in this case, the weightage of this exam for the final score would be reduced, and the weightage of Term II exams will be increased for declaration of the final result.
C. In case the situation of the pandemic forces complete closure of schools during March-April 2022, but Term I exams are held at schools or centres. Results would be based on the performance of students on Term I MCQ based examination and internal assessments. The weightage of marks of the Term I examination conducted by the Board will be increased to provide year-end results of candidates.
D. In case the situation of the pandemic forces complete closure of schools and Board conducted Term I and II exams are taken by the candidates from home in the session 2021-22. Results would be computed on the basis of the Internal Assessment/Practical/Project Work and Theory marks of Term-I and II exams taken by the candidate from home in Class X / XII subject to the moderation or other measures to ensure validity and reliability of the assessment. In all the above cases, data analysis of marks of students will be undertaken to ensure the integrity of internal assessments and home-based exams.
- How can I download the latest CBSE Class 12 sample papers with the updated 2022 pattern?
We have the latest sample papers for class 12 CBSE , follow this link for direct download links.
- Will Internal evaluation be conducted for class 12 in the year 2021-2022?
Yes, the internal evaluation will be conducted for the academic year 2021-22, follow this link for the information.
- How can I know more about the pattern update for CBSE class 12 exam?
Follow this link: http://cbseacademic.nic.in/Term-wise-curriculum_2022.html for all updates regarding the Class X CBSE curriculum update. You can also subscribe to the Filo blog and we will make sure you get the latest curriculum updates, exam news and much more! Subscribe in the form below!