Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Which of the following represent zygomorphic symmetry?
- Canna, Mustard, Chilly, Datura
- Mustard, Canna, Pea, Datura
- Pea, Bean, Cassia, Gulmohar
- Pea, Bean, Canna, Chilly
Correct Answer: Option(c)
So, the correct answer is 'Pea, bean, Cassia, Gulmohar'.
- Zygomorphic symmetry, also known as bilateral symmetry occurs in a flower through which it can pass only one plane of symmetry that will divide it into two parts.
- The Fabaceae or Leguminosae, commonly known as the legume, pea, or bean family are a large and economically important family of flowering plants which has a zygomorphic flower.
- Pea, bean, Cassia and Gulmohar belong to Fabaceae.