Match the following concerning essential elements and their functions in plants
|(a)||Iron||(i)||Photolysis of water|
|(c)||Boron||(iii)||Required for chlorophyll biosynthesis|
Select the correct option
- (a) - (iv), (b) - (iii), (c) - (ii), (d) - (i)
- (a) - (iii), (b) - (iv), (c) - (ii), (d) - (i)
- (a) - (iv), (b) - (i), (c) - (ii), (d) - (iii)
- (a) - (ii), (b) - (i), (c) - (iv), (d) - (iii)
Correct Answer: Option(b)
Thus, the correct answer is (B) - (a) - (iii), (b) - (iv), (c) - (ii), (d) - (i).
- Iron - In plants, iron is required for the synthesis of chlorophyll.
- Zinc - It is used in the formation of auxins, which help with growth regulation and stem elongation.
- Boron - plays a diverse range of plant functions including cell wall formation and stability, maintenance of structural and functional integrity of biological membranes, movement of sugar or energy into growing parts of plants, and pollination.
- Manganese - It is an essential cofactor for the oxygen-evolving complex (OEC) of the photosynthetic machinery, catalyzing the water-splitting reaction in photosystem II (PSII).