Transport in Plants
Explain why transpiration in higher plants is considered a necessary evil.
Solution: Transpiration usually causes :
1. Loss of huge amount of water from the plant.
2. Causes wilting of leaves if excessive.
3. Also can cause stunted growth if occurs more than required.
But it is an equally important process because :
1. It maintains a negative pressure for the ascent of xylem sap by creating a suction force.
2. It helps in cooling the plant.
3. It makes water and minerals available for all the parts of the plant upto the top.
4. It helps in removing excess amount of water.
5. It is very essential for the proper growth of plant .